Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dividend Goals

The purpose of this blog is to track my progress over the coming years. I am very fortunate to be finishing university debt free and will soon be starting a well paying job, thereby allowing me to significantly grow my portfolio (and those dividend cheques!). Those who begin to follow my blog will start to see some significant jumps in the dividend income chart that I posted below over the coming months, which will hopefully continue on a quarterly basis.

For the purpose of this blog I will outline my two main dividend goals:

1) Achieve quarterly dividend payments of $250 by the end of 2010.

2) Achieve quarterly dividend payments of $1000 by the end of 2011.

The significant jump in 2011 is the result of being able to partially invest a full year's income. At this point I will be 24 years old... So I am hoping this income will grow and DRIP nicely over many years to come.

I will provide further detail on these goals, stock selection criteria, purchases and progress in later posts.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your dividend goals...

    Keep it up - You are on the road to early retirement!

    ReplyDelete